The roots of the traditional family company date back to 1936, when hikers Hans Märsch and Emil Ploss founded a company together. They parted ways shortly afterwards and Hans Märsch began to develop the company into a specialist in nuts and dried fruits after the War.
After a spell abroad working for a large English brokerage house, Hans Märsch Jr joined the company in 1964. He quickly expanded business activities both nationally and internationally. The success of the business was built on the production of brand names in particular, and this departure from a brand policy was very unusual for that time.
In 1999 Markus Märsch became the third generation of the family to join the operational management of the firm. He raised the profile of the company through internationalisation and modernisation.
Today the company is a reliable partner of German and European food retailers.
A fully automated and temperature-controlled high bay warehouse was commissioned in 2008, which provides optimum storage for nuts and dried fruit thanks to its 11,000 pallet slots. In addition, the performance and capacity of the warehouse facilitates previously unattainable efficiency in the handling of promotional shipments in high volumes and at short notice. Combined with continual investment in machinery, the infrastructure is now in place for future growth.